Mr. Wills has worked with executives of private industry in assisting them with insurance related issues that have confronted their companies. He has performed over 40 insurance program reviews and claim audits involving guaranteed cost, assigned risk, deductible and retrospectively rated programs with comprehensive reports prepared outlining the findings, issues and monetary damages sustained due to carrier improprieties. He has provided expert testimony when necessary in both Federal and State Court and at arbitration. Through his efforts he has been able to assist clients recover over $30,000,000.
Raymond Wills began his insurance career in 1976. He is an insurance professional with a vast knowledge base and extensive command of the insurance industry that has included the handling of workers’ compensation, general liability, product liability, professional liability and run-off claims. He was formerly employed by a risk management and consulting firm that in addition provided third party administration for a self-insured workers’ compensation pool which was able to obtain an A.M. Best rating of (A-) and may have been the only pooling arrangement in the United States with such a rating. As a Risk Manager and Consultant, Mr. Wills has performed extensive insurance program reviews and claim audits on a national basis for clients pertaining to various issues that have included, but were not limited to:
- Best Practices as it relates to claim management, claim investigation, claim litigation, claim handling, claim reserving and claim resolution
- The negative impact and resulting monetary damages that improper and unreasonable claim handling can have on the employer’s Experience Modification Factor and premium development in a guaranteed cost, assigned risk, deductible and retrospectively rated insurance program
- Experience Modification Analysis
- Loss Summary Reports
- Policy and contract analysis
- Claim investigation
- Litigation management
- Reserving of claim liabilities
- Medical cost containment
- Return to work programs
Mr. Wills is a graduate from the University of Illinois with degrees in both Finance and Criminal Justice. Mr. Wills previously held a Property/Casualty producer’s license, has AIC certification and previously held a private investigator's license while performing independent claim and investigative work.